On the 27th of November, 2021, a Twitter user, @Lynn97YL announced that the Axie Infinity community would be coming together to host a mega Christmas charity event!
This is heartwarming news and is no surprise as Axie Infinity is built on the ideals of: helping and empowering others, fairness, equality, to name a few. The Axie Infinity ecosystem itself rests on the backbone of those who chose to help others with their privilege and access. These people are referred to as managers.
🎄THE MEGA CHRISTMAS EVENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE🎄
The Axie Infinity community has come together to host a charity event this Christmas💫
How will we make this huge event happen?
Please read the article & this quick THREAD🧵⚡️https://t.co/3xt3W6o8X3
— LINN (@Lynn97YL) November 27, 2021
An Axie currently sells for a minimum of $250. However, the requirement to play the Axie Infinity game is that players must own at least three Axies. This has made it increasingly difficult for many people to access the game. This is especially true for those living in low-income countries like the Philippines.
This led to the creation of Axie Universities. Here, managers—those who have the funds to play the game, but are unable to for whatever reason, empower Scholars by buying them Axies. They then help to set up accounts for these scholars. The scholars, in turn, play the games, and split their wins between them and their managers. The split is usually based on their terms of agreement.
Currently, the Phillippines is reportedly home to about 40% of Axie Infinity players around the world. Even with its daily minimum wage ranging from PHP316 (US$6.57) to P537 (US$11.17). Axie universities have changed these figures significantly.
What you need to know about the charity
- Through the entire month of December, a Metamask and Ronin wallet will be open. This wallet will be for public donations from community members and fans alike.
- Works from artists in the Axie Infinity community would be curated to create unique NFTs. These NFTs will then be sold to the highest bidders.
- Proceeds from NFT purchases would go to the wallets.
- The proceeds would reportedly be publicly visible and every transaction would be shared.
- These proceeds would be used to buy Axies which would then be donated to those who are unable to afford Axies themselves across the Philippines
This initiative is brilliant as it’s not just helping those in need, but also empowering them to create and earn for themselves. It also speaks to how wonderful the Axie Infinity community is.
Presently, we do not have any information on the time of the opening of the wallet or when the NFT auctions would begin. However, we will keep you updated at lightning speed when we have that information.